As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, Irish schools are now increasingly looking for strategies to ensure that their students and teachers have access to consistently safe and clean air.
With air purifiers the most obvious solution to providing a healthier and happier environment at school, having so many models on the market to choose from however can make it extremely difficult to pick the right one for your school.
As Ireland’s fastest growing providers of air purifiers, hygiene products, and expert infection prevention solutions, NorthEast Hygiene can help!
Here are some insights that we’ve put together to help you to choose an air purifier that’s right for your situation.
Essentials to Understanding Air Purifiers
Although HVAC systems used in schools are designed to filter particles found in the air, they’re not enough to make the classroom air perfectly clean.
Dedicated air purifiers on the other hand, are designed to perform one essential task – purify the air you breathe by eliminating:
- Volatile organic compounds (VOCs), such as chemicals released by cleaning supplies, building materials and furnishings, etc.
- Harmful pathogens such as viruses, bacteria, and fungus spores.
- Fine airborne particles such as pollen and dust.
- Unpleasant odours.
Without an air purifier, constant exposure to these pollutants and particulates can lead to allergic reactions and other respiratory problems.
Additionally, although there are air purifiers that eliminate viruses causing common colds and flus, there are very few models which have been certified in their effectiveness against COVID-19. One model which HAS been certified to be COVID-19 effective however, is our own HEPA RAY Filter enabled Aura Air model.
What Are the Most Important Features for a Classroom Air Purifier?
Here are the key points to remember when choosing an air purifier for your classroom:
- Effective Filtration: if you’re looking for an air purifier with a filter capable of capturing pathogens, allergens, and pollutants, make sure that your model includes a high-efficiency particulate absorbing filter – otherwise known as a ‘HEPA’ filter.
- Strong Air Movement: A powerful HEPA-enabled air purifier must be able to clean the entire classroom’s air multiple times per hour – experts recommend 3-6 air changes per hour.
- Low Noise Output: Most reputable purifiers list decibel output at its high and low levels.
- High Energy Efficiency: Look for HEPA air purifiers that are energy certified.
Choosing the right air purifiers for schools means that you must choose one that’s powerful enough to filter and recirculate clean air throughout the entire classroom, yet one that’s also still quiet enough to avoid distractions during classes!
Need Help From a Professional?
At NorthEast Hygiene, we can guide you in choosing the right model for your classroom with our free site survey and assessment, free report, and free quote, as well as free delivery and free installation of all of our products!